Say hello to the dog days of summer! It’s no secret how hot the temps can get with the heat waves of the season. Keep cool while enjoying the outdoors with a chilled crafted cocktail in hand, and a creamy cool popsicle in the other! These home-made summer-inspired recipes are a perfect way to enjoy a fun spin on a classic sweet treat: The Coconut Key Lime Pie!
• 2 cups full fat coconut milk
• 2 tsp lime zest
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 7 graham cracker
1. Whisk together coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. Chill mixture for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Whisk the mixture well, then fill each mold with 1 inch of the mixture. Freeze for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the molds from the freezer and top with a layer of graham cracker crumbs.
5. Divide and add remaining lime mixture to the molds. Freeze for 20 minutes then insert the
popsicle stick mold.
6. Freeze overnight. To remove the popsicle from the mold, allow to sit at room temperature
for 5 minutes.
7. Cool, creamy, and refreshing! Enjoy this tangy treat in the hot summer sun!
• 2 ounces key lime juice
• 1 ounce coconut water
• 1 1/2 ounces agave
• 2 ounces triple sec
• 2 ounces tequila
1. Fill shaker with ice, then add all ingredients. Shake vigorously to mix.
2. Rim glass with salt, fill with ice, and add contents of the shaker.
3. Server immediately, ice cold.
Serve these coconut key lime pie-inspired recipes at your next party or for a simple backyard happy hour! This is a perfect way to serve up some summer fun for both kids and adults!