As Summer fades into Fall this month, you may find yourself continuing to work from home. While the temperatures drop to a comfortable cool, it’s the perfect time to switch up your home office and bring it outdoors! While setting up your space, here are a few useful tips to keep in mind to achieve the most productive and enjoyable work week, right in your own backyard!
- Maintain your regular office hours. If you are expected to be available between 9-5, keep those clearly defined hours. Schedule your calls, video meetings, and block specific time for productivity and task management. Honor your time by keeping a clock handy and perhaps setting alarms for reminders when necessary.
- Claim your office. Choose a space free of interruptions, outfitted with all necessary supplies, chargers, and hydration!
- Get dressed and be presentable. It makes all the difference to freshen up and dress for success each morning. Once you’ve finished your morning work-out or moment with a newspaper and coffee, switch those comfy clothes out for a structured ensemble. This simple act will drastically change your mood, helping you feel completely ready to tackle the day!
- Mark transitions in your day. Since commuting to work isn’t taking place, create a new AM and PM routine, one that will distinguish the change! If you generally hit up the gym on your way to work, bring the workout home. Begin your morning by streaming a yoga class or perhaps take your dog on a jog around the block. If you look forward to listening to a certain news cast or radio talk show during your drive, switch it on at home while you eat your breakfast. Implementing these necessary routines will start your day off on the right foot, and wind it down with ease!
- Don’t forget to socialize and take breaks. Set those timed breaks to refuel and relax for a few moments. Enjoy a lunch break with your spouse, go on a quick walk with a neighbor, or perhaps schedule a short video call with a co-worker during your afternoon coffee break. Taking these moments to connect is so important!
Setting yourself up for success while working from home can be made simple with a little effort and routine. Follow these 5 tips for a smooth, productive, and most importantly – enjoyable work week!
Featured collection – Apricity Potomac Fire Pit Bar. For more details on this set, visit Apricityoutdoor.com.